Smart home advantages and disadvantages
The smart home is a home that is connected to several smart devices. It refers to a home in which the heating-cooling, lighting, security, or recreational apparatus can be controlled with a wireless connection. You can operate the housework appliances through the internet from anywhere in the house or outside. Sometimes, your smart devices may also run automatically.
Advantages And disadvantages of Smart Home
Smart Home technology helps homeowners security, saves their time, and makes things more comfortable. As we know every technology has its advantages and disadvantages, and the Smart home is not an exception. It has its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s look at the next segments to know about it.
Advantages of Smart Home
- You can operate all your smart home appliances with one device. It can save you time.
- If there are several IoT devices in one home, they complement each other. For example, a thermostat can control the temperature fluctuations of the AC with the outside temperature by connecting to the smart AC (air conditioner) in the same network.
- You can install CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) or IP (Internet Protocol) camera at home and monitor the whole area under CCTV from your mobile phone. Artificial intelligence is able to detect the presence of a stranger on camera. As a result, there has been a revolutionary change in the security of the home.
- Since you know that you can operate all your home appliances with one device even when you are not at home, It will make your life easier. It will enhance the quality of your living.
Disadvantages of Smart Home
- Smart homes have many advantages as well as some disadvantages. Having a 24-hour internet connection on a smart device creates the risk of hacking.
- Hackers can steal your valuable data, money, and even your identity. If your smart devices start working in an unusual way, then you may be a victim of hacking. In that case, you need to disconnect the internet as soon as possible. You need to ensure the security of the home Wi-Fi connection before installing smart devices in your home.
- If your smart home setup is poor you may lock yourself out of your own home. For example, if the voice recognition system doesn’t recognize your voice then you won’t be able to enter the house and you have to call experts to enter the house.
- Smart homes require maintenance on a regular basis which is costly.
So now you know the advantages and disadvantages of smart homes. If you want to invest in a smart home then take your decision wisely.
Statistic Research has identified that re than 100 million homes worldwide will be included as smart homes by 2021. The research estimates that by 2025, there will be about 300 million smart homes in the world.